If you think tahini is only for hummus, think again! This creamy sesame paste gives these brownies a moist texture and delicious nutty flavour. Not to mention the healthy fats, protein, and fibre it adds to the brownies!
1 cup tahini
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour*
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch pan with oil.
- Combine the tahini, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla extract and eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips until batter is well combined.
- Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle the top evenly with 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares and serving.
* Note: Can replace coconut flour with whole wheat or regular flour.