- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground or fresh ginger
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 2 cups water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pick over the lentils to remove any debris or shriveled lentils.
- Rinse lentils and add to slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (depending on your slow cooker). Add more water if needed during cook time.
- Serve over brown or basmati rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.