This week, we just had to try on the latest trend taking over Instagram – the Watermelon Dress!
But what to do with that leftover watermelon? Give this refreshing Watermelon Basil Salad a try!
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 10 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 English cucumber, cubed
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet and roast for 5-10 minutes, tossing the nuts occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.
- In a small bowl, pour lime juice over red onions. Place marinated onions to the side.
- Mix the watermelon, cucumber, basil, feta cheese and black pepper in a large bowl. Add marinated onions and toasted walnuts to salad and mix to combine.
- Place salad in fridge for 30 minutes before serving.